Communications Officer Cover Letter
Communications Officers are employed by a variety of organizations, from public bodies to businesses and nonprofit associations to maintain communication and goodwill between the organization and its public. Main responsibilities of a Communications Officer are planning and implementing communication campaigns, liaising with other departments in the organization, writing press releases, analyzing media coverage, managing the production of publicity material, organizing events, commissioning marketing research, and handling crisis situations.
A good Communications Officer should be able to demonstrate the following abilities throughout his or her cover letter:
- Communication and public relations expertise
- Knowledge of current affairs and business acumen
- Self-motivation and drive
- Being able to work under pressure
- Tact and diplomacy
- Analytical thinking
- Problem-solving orientation and creativity
- Computer competences
Relevant job skills for a Communications Officer are visible in the cover letter sample displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Communications Officer Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Reynolds:
Upon review of your posting for a Communications Officer, I hastened to submit the enclosed resume for your review. As an accomplished and driven communications and media relations manager with 13+ years of experience overseeing media, messaging, and PR functions to promote organizational programs and services, I am poised to exceed your expectations for this role.
From developing and managing print / web content to overseeing press release deliveries as an effective media liaison, I excel at generating effective and positive exposure and enabling the success of dynamic PR campaigns. With persuasive communication skills to influence public perceptions and proven talents in writing and producing diverse tools and resources, I am prepared to substantially impact the success of your organization. Additionally, my demonstrated ability to coach and lead high-performance PR teams will render me an immediate asset to your company.
Highlights of my experience include the following…
- Developing strategic communications plans, generating multimedia materials, producing web and social media content, and developing targeted presentations to communicate key messaging and initiatives throughout distinguished career in communications and PR roles for Samsonite.
- Evolving and continually optimizing marketing communications infrastructure to achieve high-impact integrated campaigns on time and on budget.
- Fine-tuning knowledge of traditional and new media channels to accelerate corporate messaging; developing and managing website content to expand communications and buzz.
- Communicating with key stakeholders to gather information and develop targeted communications tools while consistently achieving goals and objectives.
- Demonstrating outstanding verbal and written communication skills while thriving in deadline-driven, fast-paced environments.
- Holding a Bachelor’s degree in PR from Miami State University.
With my skill in leading strategic communications and PR programs—along with my ability to develop, write, and launch on-message materials to meet organizational goals—I am confident I will significantly benefit your team. I look forward to discussing the position and my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Erika R. Berg
As a highly skilled Press Officer I read your posting for a new Press Officer with interest. My experience aligns well with the qualifications you are seeking at Press Pros in particular my role as a Press Officer at InDeep and I am certain I would make a valuable addition to your organisation.
With more than 8 years’ experience as a Press Officer I am adept in promotional piece creation client retention marketing material development. Moreover while my on-the-job experience has afforded me a well-rounded skill set including first-rate organisational and analytical I excel at:
- Sales & Marketing initiatives
- Project management
- Budget development
In addition to my experience and personal qualities I have a solid educational foundation and a passion for marketing. Please review my attached resume for additional details regarding my expertise and abilities. I will follow up to request an appointment to discuss how my experience and background meets your needs.
Thank you for your time and consideration.